I am running for this position to:
- Help protect our hometown values.
- Make the office independent and nonpartisan, and our town hall a friendly, easy place for every resident to come.
- Work every day to provide quality, timely, respectful services to everyone.
- Help open the lines of communication between citizens and all elected and appointed town leaders so citizens stay well-informed and can actively participate before decisions are made that impact our lives.
- Help right-size our town government
- 30 years Rush resident
- BA from University of Rochester
- Facilities and property manager
- Director of support services including purchasing/receiving, mailings, billing and cash receipts, meeting and conference planning; clerical services, staff training and tech support.
- Advocate for people with disabilities, including aging in place, and accessibility.
35 years of nonprofit experience:
- Fiscal and program grant management
- Strategic planning, staff supervision
- Day to day financial operations: bidding, contracts, budgets, audits and funder reports
- Customer and member services
- Rush Recreation and Park Association
- Rush Historical Society
- Rush Lions
- Trustee of the Rush Public Library
- Rush Recreation and Agriculture Committee member
- Rush Renewable Energy Committee member